Tags: Children's books, Eating Crickets, Freaky Fodos From Around the World, Lucas and His Loco Beans, Mexican jumping beans, School Assemblies
Dynamic, Interactive school assemblies in English and Spanish
Mexican Jumping Beans!
Bilingual story of the Mexican Jumping Bean – Lucas and His Loco Beans
Life cycle of the Cydia deshaisiana – Mexican Jumping moth
On-screen presentation of natural environment of jumping beans – Alamos, Sonora, Mexico high desert region.
Students get to hold jumping beans to experience the twitching of the larva inside the seed segments.
Freaky Foods From Around the World
Bilingual story of foods from different cultures – Freaky Foods From Around the World – Platillos sorprendentes de todo el mundo
On-screen presentation showing animals and insects from different parts of the world that humans dine on.
Discussion on what one culture considers common and what another culture considers unusual.
Students/teachers are offered a snack of baked crickets.
Meet Core Curriculum Requirements for Science, Natural History, and Language Arts
Costs: $300 per assembly – 200 student max per assembly. If Ramona is already in the area, no travel or lodging fees are charged.
To schedule your school assemblies or for copies of Ramona’s books contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Recommendations by School Administrators
– Mrs. Winner came to Hightower Elementary School, Plano, Texas and we had a fabulous time. The students thoroughly enjoyed Mrs. Winner’s presentation, but I think their most favorite were the jumping beans and the freaky foods. Or perhaps it was watching their teachers eat a cricket, yummy. The students could not stop talking with excitement and had many questions afterwards. I appreciate Mrs. Winner’s taking the time to answer students questions and bringing such excitement and encouragement for writing to our students.
Stacy Lambert, Librarian, Stacy.email@example.com, Plano, TX
– The students at Dr. Sue Shook Elementary are “locos” about Mrs. Ramona Winner! Mrs. Winner’s interactive and hands-on presentation was both entertaining and educational. The students were fascinated with the Mexican Jumping Bean and eager to learn about its life cycle. We thoroughly enjoyed Mrs. Winner’s visit and her tasty cricket treats were a big hit! Thank you for sharing your love of reading and writing with our students. I know your visit inspired our young writers to become future authors.
Sandra M Aguirre, firstname.lastname@example.org, El Paso, TX
– Ramona Winner provides engaging, innovative presentations that include science concepts, humor, and are fast paced and hands-on! Our students and teachers are still talking about how wonderful the assemblies were! Book this author and motivating presenter for your school today!
Patricia Peinado @vtusd.k12.ca.us, E.L. Foster Elementary, Ventura, CA
– I expected a good presentation, we got a GREAT presentation! The cultural component was exceptional.
Lee Warner, Principal, Lincoln Elementary, Ventura, CA 805/641-5438.
– Ramona Moreno Winner is truly a winner! She is an author with more than one talent. She not only is well written but is also well spoken in a manner that can engage children of many ages. Ramona’s books are well written and provide an avenue for many teaching opportunities. The bilingual text expands the usability of the books to Spanish/bilingual programs. Her creative stories with details and factual text along with a slide show of the books’ origins provide a connection to many fiction and non-fiction opportunities. We thoroughly enjoyed Mrs. Winner’s visit. A word of warning: she may convince you to eat a cricket!!! I did and lived to write about it!
Carol Stanford, Gladys F. Polk Elementary, Freeport, TX, Information Science Specialist @ Cstanford@Brazosportisd.net 979/730-7200
– Our students and parents really enjoyed Senora Winner at our Parent night. She read, discussed her stories and passed out jumping beans for everyone to hold. She also gave us delicious crunchy bugs to eat; the students thought that was Awesome!
Pam deFiebre, Teacher Librarian, Barnes Elementary School, Beaverton, OR 503/672-3500
Tags: Airport stores, award winning books, Lucas and His Loco Beans, Mexican jumping beans, Science
Jumping Beans not only for Children!
Traveling Customers stopped by to purchase their copies of Lucas and His Loco Beans at the Bob Hope International Airport in Burbank, CA on August 19, 2012
Adults too are fascinated by the moving seed segments that will eventually produce small gray moths (Laspeyresia saltitans).
Lucas and His Loco Beans, an award winning bilingual tale of the Mexican jumping beans, is about a boy who visits his Abuelo over the summer and learns all about the jumping beans his grandfather played with as a child. The cuento is in rhyme with Spanish words interwoven into the text. The book offers the full biology of the jumping beans and flip-book illustrations showing the moth emerging from the seed.As you travel throughout the United States, you may encounter this book at a Paradies Shops Store in your airport.
For more information or to order a copy of Lucas and His Loco Beans, contact us at email@example.com
Tags: children's bilingual books, Children's books, Mexican jumping beans, Ramona Moreno Winner
Lucas and His Loco Beans – A Tale of the Mexican jumping beans.
Stock up on your copies of Lucas and His Loco Beans, a Tale of the Mexican jumping beans. Beans will be available for purchase within the next week or two at: http://www.jumpingbeansrus.com/jbhome.asp
Lucas and His Loco Beans has been a favorite of students and teachers across the country. It is an award winning bilingual title with a dynamic cultural and science base.
The National Science Teachers’ Association has developed curriculum for this book that can be found in their More Picture Perfect Science Lessons. See how the book and beans are used in the classroom:
Meet the Author, Ramona Moreno Winner, and learn more about this wonderful title:
See for yourself how school children LOVE learning about jumping beans!
Purchase your copies by visiting our website: http://www.brainstorm3000.com